Summary of Role: Mix and prepare baked goods including but not limited to breads, rolls, muffins, cookies, cakes, and Danish.
- Full time
- Days vary, Monday - Sunday
- Shift: 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Overtime is mandatory on an as needed basis
- Prepare breads and rolls by kneading and molding bread dough into loaves or desired shapes
- Prepare and/or apply toppings, fillings, icings, etc. to baked goods
- Operate large scale bakery equipment such as mixers and various ovens
- Make sure all details are done and the work is exact
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Understand and follow HACCP
- Comply with Busken Employee handbook
- Carry out other duties as assigned by leadership and abide by the Busken Promise
- Minimum education: High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in baking or food manufacturing environment preferable
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Strong math skills
- Ability to repeat the same physical activities, such as kneading and rolling dough, standing, bending/stooping, lifting and twisting for 8 or more hours at a time
- Available to work evenings, holidays and weekends
- Ability to handle exposure to very hot or cold temperatures
- Make repetitive motions and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume production environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Self motivated, going from one task to the other without being given direction
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to create quality products
Busken Bakery, Inc. offers competitive compensation based on skill and experience along with health, dental, 401K and other benefits. All candidates who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Looking for a place to smile?
Apply for a job with us and that radiant, smiley face could be yours. According to what our people tell us, a Busken bakery is one rewarding, happy place to work. This is a family owned business that’s been operating for over 80 years according to one friendly principle: Create a wonderful work place, and it will create wonderful things.
Sound like something you’d like to be part of? (You know it does!) Click on the Available Positions below, and let’s get this dough ball rolling.
Company Website: www.busken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)