Summary of Role: Cut, fill, ice, and decorate cakes, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, and other baked goods in a high volume, fast paced production environment and exhibit creativity, enthusiasm, and engagement in the art of decorating.
- Full Time
- Days vary Monday - Sunday
- 4:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Overtime is mandatory on an as needed basis
- Prepare and/or apply toppings, fillings, icings, etc. to baked goods
- Read customer requests/directions, decorate and style products accordingly
- Ensure work and quality standards are met on a daily basis
- Maintain Busken's high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Understand and follow HACCP
- Inspect and improve the quality of products
- Ensure that all items produced are “finished” and put into individual store cabinets for delivery
- Follow all cleaning and sanitation activities in a timely manner
- Train other associates as needed
- Comply with Busken Employee handbook
- Abide by the Busken Promise
- Carry out other duties as assigned by leadership
- 1 years previous decorating experience in a high volume, fast paced environment strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple technical task requirements
- Ability to use and maintain an airbrush
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to create quality products
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift over 25 pounds on a consistent basis
- Strong attention to detail
- Artistic ability and passion for creativity
- Self motivated, going from one task to the other without being given direction
- Ability to repeat the same physical activities, such as standing, bending/stooping, lifting and twisting for 8 or more hours at a time
- Available to work early mornings, late evenings, holidays and weekends
- Ability to see different colors and hues when mixing icings and creating designs
- Minimum education: High School Diploma or GED
Busken Bakery, Inc. offers competitive compensation based on skill and experience along with health, dental, 401K and other benefits. All candidates who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Looking for a place to smile?
Apply for a job with us and that radiant, smiley face could be yours. According to what our people tell us, a Busken bakery is one rewarding, happy place to work. This is a family owned business that’s been operating for over 80 years according to one friendly principle: Create a wonderful work place, and it will create wonderful things.
Sound like something you’d like to be part of? (You know it does!) Click on the Available Positions below, and let’s get this dough ball rolling.
Company Website: www.busken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)