Summary of Role: Assist with the production, decoration and packaging of all cookie products using high volume, industrial machinery.
- Full time
- Must work weekends (2 days off during week)
- Shifts vary 6:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Overtime is mandatory on an as needed basis
- Ice & stamp cookies
- Assist with production of photo cookies & tea cookies
- Run packaging machine & production machine
- Wrap skids/pallets of finished product
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Understand and follow HACCP
- Inspect and improve the quality of products
- Ensure that all items produced by the bakers are “finished” and put into individual cabinets for delivery
- Follow all cleaning activities on the Master Cleaning Schedule in a timely manner
- Ensure work and quality standards are met on a daily basis
- Comply with Busken Employee handbook
- Abide by the Busken Promise
- Carry out other duties as assigned by leadership
- Minimum education: High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in a high volume, fast paced production environment preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Strong math skills
- Ability to repeat the same physical activities, such as standing, stooping/bending, lifting and twisting for 8 or more hours at a time
- Available to work early mornings, late evenings, holidays and weekends
- Ability to handle exposure to very hot or cold temperatures
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Self motivated, going from one task to the other without being given direction
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to create quality products
Busken Bakery, Inc. offers competitive compensation based on skill and experience along with health, dental, 401K and other benefits. All candidates who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Looking for a place to smile?
Apply for a job with us and that radiant, smiley face could be yours. According to what our people tell us, a Busken bakery is one rewarding, happy place to work. This is a family owned business that’s been operating for over 80 years according to one friendly principle: Create a wonderful work place, and it will create wonderful things.
Sound like something you’d like to be part of? (You know it does!) Click on the Available Positions below, and let’s get this dough ball rolling.
Company Website: www.busken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)