Summary of Role: Assistants are responsible for providing our customers with exceptional service, and must have the ability to interact with the customer in a positive manner, be professional, honest and abide by all company policies and procedures, support the General Manager in the daily operations of the location and be accountable for the employees during assigned shifts.
- Full time
- Days vary, Monday - Sunday
- 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
- Overtime is mandatory on an as needed basis
- Meet store budgets and goals
- Create Legendary Bakery Experiences for all of our guests and our employees both in person and via phone and email
- Assist the General Manager (GM) in creating a highly efficient daily “game plan”
- Receive guest feedback with humility and take appropriate action to correct situation if necessary
- Teach, train, and equip all store team members
- Know and ensure all cash handling procedures
- Assist GM in ordering all store inventory and product
- Provide employee feedback on a consistent basis
- Discipline employees as necessary
- Assist GM in scheduling store team members
- Assist GM in completing all back office procedures
- Any other duties necessary to achieve successful store operations
- Available to work early mornings, late nights, weekends & holidays
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Previous cash handling experience
- Ability to lift over 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop and stand for up to 8 hour shifts
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Self motivated, going from one task to the other without being given direction
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to build sales and train strong team members
- Minimum education: High School Diploma or GED
*Schedule flexibility is required for management positions as Busken locations may be open up to seven days a week and store hours differ by location. Busken does not guarantee the specific location or duration of any store management assignment.
Busken Bakery, Inc. offers competitive compensation based on skill and experience along with health, dental, 401K and other benefits. All candidates who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Looking for a place to smile?
Apply for a job with us and that radiant, smiley face could be yours. According to what our people tell us, a Busken bakery is one rewarding, happy place to work. This is a family owned business that’s been operating for over 80 years according to one friendly principle: Create a wonderful work place, and it will create wonderful things.
Sound like something you’d like to be part of? (You know it does!) Click on the Available Positions below, and let’s get this dough ball rolling.
Company Website: www.busken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)