Summary of Role: Pack and deliver bakery products to wholesale customers and retail stores.
- Full time
- Days vary Monday - Sunday
- 7:00 pm - 3:00 am
- Overtime is mandatory on an as needed basis
- Finish all products to the standard acceptable for distribution.
- Pack finished product according to established procedures for wholesale customers and retail stores.
- Assure that product quality and appearance is not compromised.
- Distribute products to wholesale and retail accounts in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Clean work area thoroughly at the end of the shift and prepare the area for the next shift.
- Make sure all details are done and work is exact.
- Carry out DOT pre-trip inspections on commercial vehicles.
- Maintain an accurate DOT driver’s record detailing driving activity.
- Complete maintenance requests to repair mechanical issues with commercial vehicles.
- Comply with GMP’s.
- Understand and follow HACCP.
- Comply with Busken Employee handbook.
- Abide by the Busken Promise.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by leadership.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience driving commercial vehicles
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving history
- Able to pass a DOT physical examination
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis
- Must be able to reach and bend frequently
- Must be able to push and pull pan dollies and cabinets, up to 200 lbs, on and off trucks
- Use math skills to solve problems
- Read and understand work-related materials
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of products
- Available to work early mornings, late evenings, holidays and weekends
- Exposed to very hot or cold temperatures and inclement weather during delivery
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support body for long periods without getting tired
- Make repetitive motions
- Stand and sit for extended periods of time
Busken Bakery, Inc. offers competitive compensation based on skill and experience along with health, dental, 401K and other benefits. All candidates who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Looking for a place to smile?
Apply for a job with us and that radiant, smiley face could be yours. According to what our people tell us, a Busken bakery is one rewarding, happy place to work. This is a family owned business that’s been operating for over 80 years according to one friendly principle: Create a wonderful work place, and it will create wonderful things.
Sound like something you’d like to be part of? (You know it does!) Click on the Available Positions below, and let’s get this dough ball rolling.
Company Website: www.busken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)