The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for supporting the HR Manager as needed and overseeing recruiting, training, and employee retention initiatives.
- Part time
- Days vary Monday - Friday
- Shifts flexible
• Model a culture that represents the Busken Promise and Vision
• Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers
• High visibility and collaboration with Key Leaders
• Create and edit job descriptions, including job shadowing of existing employees
• Participate in on site interviews
• Facilitate interview, recruiting, training for hiring managers (craft interview guides)
• Conducts reference checks, and drug and background screenings
• Develops, maintaining and enhancing external talent resources; community, schools etc.
• Manage internal job postings program (review eligibility, timely updates to employee, conduct interviews, notification to hiring manager
• Works to develop employee retention initiatives and culture improvement plans
• Conduct exit interviews
• Assists in the maintenance of creation of new hire employee records and reports
• Maintains organizational charts and employee directory
• Works with HR Manager to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws
• Assists HR Manager in various HR duties as needed and acts as back up in HR Managers absence
• Tracking and maintaining employee referrals
• Other duties as assigned by the President and CEO
• Comply with the Company Handbook and all Busken Bakery Policies & Procedures
• 1-2 years previous work experience in HR capacity
• People oriented and results driven, self-motivated, effective time management
• Ability to develop plans to fulfill company talent/employee needs in a timely manner
• Excellent active listening and presentation skills
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
• Knowledge of labor laws and HR best practices preferred
• BS degree in Human Resources or relevant work experience preferred
Busken Bakery, Inc. offers competitive compensation based on skill and experience along with health, dental, 401K and other benefits. All candidates who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Looking for a place to smile?
Apply for a job with us and that radiant, smiley face could be yours. According to what our people tell us, a Busken bakery is one rewarding, happy place to work. This is a family owned business that’s been operating for over 80 years according to one friendly principle: Create a wonderful work place, and it will create wonderful things.
Sound like something you’d like to be part of? (You know it does!) Click on the Available Positions below, and let’s get this dough ball rolling.
Company Website: www.busken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)