*Applicants must be willing to travel to and work at all 8 Busken store locations in the Greater Cincinnati area. Job location assignments may be temporary and will vary based upon business needs. Locations include: Beechmont, Eastgate, Highland Heights (KY), Hyde Park, Kenwood, Milford, Springdale, & Western Hills.
Summary of Role: Store Leaders are executive minded, big picture strategic leaders. They ensure legendary excellence in business by serving in and owning all aspects of their store. They do this by leading and developing store employees, holding employees accountable for results, meeting company and store goals and objectives, overseeing and improving operations, and modeling/instilling a culture that fits the Busken Promise and vision.
- Full time
- Days vary: Monday - Sunday
- Shifts vary depending on store needs
- Overtime is mandatory on an as needed basis
- Meet store budgets and goals
- Create Legendary Bakery Experiences for all of our guests and our employees both in person and via phone and email
- Create a highly efficient daily “game plan”
- Receive guest feedback with humility and take appropriate action to correct situation if necessary
- Teach, Train, and Equip all store team members
- Know and ensure all cash handling procedures
- Order all store inventory and product
- Code and approve all store invoices
- Verify and submit payroll
- Perform employee evaluations on a consistent basis
- Discipline employees as necessary
- Interview, hire, schedule and train all store team members
- Complete all back office procedures
- Any other duties necessary to achieve successful store operations
- Available to work at least 40-45 hours a week
- The ability to see need for change and implement (continuously re-inventing and improving)
- Available to work during all hours the store is operational if necessary
- Available to be reached by phone during all store operating hours
- Available to work early mornings, weekends & holidays
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Organized, results/goal oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to attract, hire, train, and retain a strong team
- Previous cash handling experience
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated, going from one task to the other without being given direction
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to build sales and train strong team members
- Ability to lift over 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop and stand for up to 8 hour shifts
- Minimum education: High School Diploma or GED
Busken Bakery, Inc. offers competitive compensation based on skill and experience along with health, dental, 401K and other benefits. All candidates who are offered a position will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Looking for a place to smile?
Apply for a job with us and that radiant, smiley face could be yours. According to what our people tell us, a Busken bakery is one rewarding, happy place to work. This is a family owned business that’s been operating for over 80 years according to one friendly principle: Create a wonderful work place, and it will create wonderful things.
Sound like something you’d like to be part of? (You know it does!) Click on the Available Positions below, and let’s get this dough ball rolling.
Company Website: www.busken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)